Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday

Brian stayed all night with Gabe and reported a fairly good night. He had a episode around 2:00 a.m. after he was given Tylenol when he vomited. I am sure with a fresh incision on the chest, that hurt a lot. Brian said that otherwise he slept fairly well. I am on the day shift and the doctors just rounded. They all think he is headed in the right direction.

They suspect that his art line will come out on Monday, which means we will get to hold him! That will be almost a week since we have held him and I am so looking forward to that. He should also start with some milk on Monday, which will help sooth him. He doesn't seem as mad at me today, but he is really down. We experienced this the last time. In fact, he was so depressed the last couple days in the hospital the last time, it was very heart breaking to watch. Luckily now he is into videos and we brought many Elmo videos to help pass the time. Right now, I am trying to get him to relax and get some sleep. It is really fighting it today and he really pretty cranky. I think his eyes are getting a little heavy.......hopefully.......I am off to try to facilitate a nap. Until tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Brian and Angela! Taking it one step at a time is the name of the game. He has done really well despite all the little "bumps" in the road. It was such a pleasure taking care of him the first few nights. He definitely kept us on our toes! Even though I haven't been to work in a few days I've been keeping up on his progress and can't wait to see him without the tube! See you guys Sunday night!

    Joy

    ReplyDelete