Friday, January 8, 2010

Rough Night

Brian stayed all night with him and it wasn't the best night Gabe has had. He had a couple more of the spells with the pulmonary hypertension. They did another echo cardiogram today and they assure us that the heart function is good. They all think that this is the lungs getting used to the way the heart is now functioning. I know that there is much trial and error involved, but for me, the "wait and see" is difficult. I also know that the doctors and nurses deal with this everyday and they know what they are doing.

Brian is home sleeping and he was supposed to work tonight. They have arranged for someone to cover for him, so he will probably be hanging out with Gabe. I am on the day shift today. Mom and Dad come up in the afternoons and help out. The last time, we didn't break it up in shifts as much and I think this way is much smarter.

I think this current issue isn't an emergency, but it will likely keep us here longer and we will go home with more medication. Still unnerving for me.....we are hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment