Monday, January 11, 2010

Great Afternoon

I am not sure what happened, but Gabe has been nearly his old self from about 4:00 on today. He hadn't been talking or smiling or anything (at least without a medical intervention) until then. I got out his little Elmo doll and put it on my head and I got a smile. We, of course, did it over and over and he was eventually laughing. Another nurse had to come in and see it. After that, he has been playing with some toys in his bed. We put stickers on his photo album and now he is looking at his pictures. He seems SO much better this evening.

He did have some juice, which made him cough (and hurt) quite a bit. Now he is a little fearful of drinking anything, even milk. Hopefully, that will pass. We are going to try some soft foods here in a few minutes.

I just wanted to post how great it has been to see him smile today. It is the boost that I needed! Thanks for the prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Knowing that he is smiling makes me smile. Praying things keep to improve at this rate. Sending hugs and kisses his way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful to see him smile! Keeping all of you in my prayers. - Judy F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Guys -

    Hope all of you are doing OK and I'm sure you were delighted to see him smile again. You ALL are in our prayers and thoughts. Linda N.

    ReplyDelete