Sunday, January 10, 2010

Better Afternoon

The doctor came in early in the afternoon and put the chest tube back in. My parents were here and Brian still wouldn't leave even after working a 12 hour shift last night. They put the drain tube back in his chest right in the room. He was sedated for the process and they called when they were finished.

They reported that Gabe handled it very well (thanks Versed) and said mama and dada several times. They went ahead and put out the pacer wires that were connected to his heart. They are there in case of an emergency, so having them gone is another good sign. The doc said that the Doppler test on the leg was extensive and they saw no clots. I was really worried about that, but it also goes to show that they are being very careful. Someone thought his leg looked a little swollen this morning and this was a precaution.

He also read the echo cardiogram and the fluid around the heart is minimal, and they say it will resolve itself. The lung was the bigger concern and that is currently being treated with the chest tube.

They did a chest xray afterwards to make sure that everything was ok and the tube was in the right place. It showed already the change in the fluids. Which is very good.

All in all a very anxious morning, but after the sedation from those procedures, he slept. Mom has spent the afternoon with him and reports that he has been resting peacfully. She will go home now and I will take the evening shift. I honestly don't know when Brian will wake up and come back. He was here for about 20 hours and I am sure he is beat. Hopefully, he will keep sleeping and I won't see him until much later.

Say a prayer that the art line comes out tomorrow and I get to hold my baby. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things are looking better now. I can not imagine what you two are going thru. I hope you get to hold him soon. I know how good it feels to hold your child no matter how old they get. We will continue to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete