Thursday, June 25, 2009

We Have Arrived!

Hi, I am Angela's Dad and she has asked me to stand-in for her in posting to the blog because she is unable to access it from her hotel in Beijing. She has access to email and has emailed a note for me to post. That is what I will do for her until she is able to post from China.

Her note from the arrival is as follows:

We are finally in China. I have always hated flying, but that was until I flew business class. It was terrific. Big news...no quarantine.....yet...... Beijing looks pretty nice so far. We will spend tonight resting and then we will sightsee tomorrow. We are just about to have dinner, we are a little afraid of the cuisine we have seen so far. Yikes! Tomorrow we will be seeing Chinese acrobats, among some other things. We are unable to get to our blog (at least at this location) so we will continue to post via my dad. We may not get pictures up, but we will sure try. Stay tuned....we will have more tomorrow.

Ang and Brian

8 comments:

  1. We are so excited for you and are praying that all will go well in getting Gabe home. He is just adorable! Love Aunt Shirley, Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that you are there and things are going well. You are in our prayers and we are very excited for you.
    Love,
    U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie and Brian, I am Peegy King (Rick Pantages' sister in law). My husband Ron's sister also works with you Brian at OSF, her name is Cindy Read.
    I am so excited for both of you. Ron and I brought our daughter Ellie home in March of 2007 from China. You have such an amazing trip ahead of you. Soak up as much of the culture as you possibly can. I will be checking your post daily.
    Peggy King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian and Ang-Everyone has been talking about you today wondering "Are we there yet?!" We are all excited to meet Gabe! What a blessing! You are on God's mind and heart and all of ours. Bless you!
    Prayerfully,
    Lisa
    Peds ICU clerk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang and Brian, glad you made it there safely. Can't wait to hear about how your first encounters go and see more pics! He is absoltuely gorgeous. Come home safe!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay! You made it safely! Keeping you all in prayer and looking forward to kissing those cheeks (Gabe's, not yours :-) ok, yours too!

    Love,
    Arnitria & Doug

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you made the trip safely. I think of you both every day and cannot wait to meet Gabe. Enjoy this time as much as you can!

    Love,
    Marcia and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adventurous legacy for your family! Thanks for taking us with you. Can't wait to see the prize!!!!!

    Joan

    ReplyDelete