Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Almost there!

Brian and I are still trying to get everything together, as we leave tomorrow morning. Many people have checked out the blog and several have mentioned that they had a hard time leaving a message. Blogging is relatively new to me, so I apologize if I picked a difficult format. I think you actually have to register for a google account to be able to leave a message. It is kind of a pain, but we will really appreciate seeing the postings from friends and family when we are so far away. We will post as soon as we can when we arrive. If it takes a week or so, you will know that someone was sick and we were quarantined. Right now, they have told everyone to be prepared for a possible week long quarantine. I packed the cards and many books just in case. It is a little surreal to think that we will be parents in just a few days! Thanks again for all your love and support. We will make sure to get pictures of Gabe up here when we are in China just as soon as we can.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited for both of you. He is so adorable and can't wait to see him at Von Steuben. We'll be praying that everything goes smoothly (and quickly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I get goose bumps just thinking about this incredible experience for all three of you!! Remember to enjoy every second, even the challenging ones. There will be something to learn form each one. I will pray for your safe travels and smooth transitions. Phil. 4:6-8

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Thinking of you today as you travel to get your son!!! Can't wait to see pictures. Praying for safe travels and a smooth transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried your cell phone around 10:00 this morning, but Mom said I just missed you at the airport. Good luck, safe travels, and I'll be praying all goes well. You're starting the adventure of a lifetime in a very unique and selfless way, and I'm so proud of you! Take care, and keep us posted if there's anything we can do to help. See you at O'Hare when you return.

    Love,

    -bC-

    ReplyDelete