Monday, August 10, 2009

Progress

Gabe was pretty cranky today, but I think we are starting to see progress. In regards to the pneumonia, his xrays looked the same today. Considering they were worse yesterday, I think staying the same is moving towards getting better. (Trying to stay optimistic) They also did another Echo Cardiogram today and they said that the heart function looks good. The really good news is that he good his chest tube out tonight. He wasn't too happy at first, but they assured me that he will feel so much better now. I had two nurses tell me that some of their older patients have said that their chest tubes actually hurt more than their chest incisions. He continues to fight stomach problems, so they took him off food and put him on fluids for nutrition. Hopefully, that will change in a couple days. They are also going to try to take one of the lines out tomorrow and we are then supposed to "challenge" him more. I think they want us to walk him around a little, which he should like. The best part of that is that I will be able to hold him again! I have missed that the most. It was a fairly uneventful day, which isn't all bad. Hopefully I can post more tomorrow of Gabe progressing. Good night all!

1 comment:

  1. I bet it will feel good to hold him again! So sorry that he is still having stomach problems. We will continue to pray. We are only a phone call away if you guys need anything.

    ReplyDelete