Saturday, August 8, 2009

Another Bump in the Road

Gabe has had another rough day. We found out that he now has pneumonia. They have assured us that this is very manageable. However, this will also extend our stay, as well as the overall recovery process. It is so hard to see this little guy continue to suffer. The good news is that we are starting to see a little more of his personality again. I got a half smile today. I can't wait until he is feeling better again. Unfortunately, we will then be back to do this all over again. I know that it is all necessary, it is just hard when you can't explain that to a child. I think he has finally stopped being mad at me for all of this.

The other good news is that he starting eating a little today. He ate a half of a yogurt. Food is very comforting for him, so I am glad that he is now able to eat. I had to laugh because they brought him a lunch today of chicken strips and corn. Two things that he couldn't eat even if he wasn't sick. I thought it was a strange meal for a baby. However, I shouldn't complain because it wasn't too bad. (I ate it)

They have started a couple antibiotics for the pneumonia. They had been running tests to make sure that it all it is and not something else. We should know for sure in 48 hours. The doctor mentioned that we have some other variables to consider with Gabe. We are used to seeing certain "bugs" in kids here and we really have no way of knowing what all he has been exposed to in an orphanage in a foreign country. So these are all things to consider. Hopefully, these antibiotics will do the trick. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Until tomorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that he has pneumonia. We will keep all of you in our prayers and thoughts. Please let me know if there is anything you guys need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all praying for Gabe's healing and rest & peace for you and Brian. We'll always treasure the moment when Gabe and Gracie became US citizens in the Chicago airport!

    ReplyDelete