Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Last day in China!!!

After a couple hours of back and forth emails late last night, we got the paperwork we needed to leave today! Gabe will get his visa and we take our oath at 3:00 today. Our train for Hong Kong leaves at 6:15 and we should be there around 8:00 tonight. We will have a couple days of r & r on the beach. I went to put a post on Facebook today and they have now banned it. We think it is because of the political unrest going on in part of the country. None of us have been able to access FB since yesterday. It will be nice to be back in a country where we can use our freedom of speech! Thanks for all of the prayers and support. We are getting ready to go to the park and then for dim sum for lunch. Last night's restaurant had a live market of any kind of sea food or fish that you would want. They even had large, live alligators (mouths taped shut) that you could pick out the one that you wanted. It was bizarre. Gotta run. I will post again in Hong Kong! Love you all!

Ang, Brian, & Gabe

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, your pictures and stories are going to be phenomenal! This is all so exciting!! I can't wait to meet the young Mr. Ludlum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe trip to and in Hong Kong. Can't wait to see all of you. Give Gabe a big hug and kiss from all of us. All my love and prayers go out to the three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you. What a trip! I will miss reading this everyday. It's the first thing I do when I get up. Have a safe and fun trip to Hong Kong. I cannot wait to meet Gabe. And to see you again!! Love, Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela and Brian -- Loved reading about your experiences. Really looking forward to seeing you all, meeting Gabe, and drinking some "real" coffee with you. Love, U.S.

    ReplyDelete